Sunday, May 06, 2007

Broken ribs vs. Sailing


Yes, it is, apparently, possible to break ribs just by working on the boat. At least if you're leaning over the stern lifting the engine mount, and all your weight, plus that of the engine, is on the edge of the traveler. This really hurts, and I'm not very amused.

Anyway, the new hatch cover arrived. I'll have to go down to the marina early this week to install it. Loretta, Molly, and I went for a sail yesterday because today was supposed to have nasty wind. Today does have nasty wind (gusts to 28 kts), so I'm glad we went yesterday.

On the way back upwind, the lock pin in the starboard genoa block popped out. I thought for sure it was overboard, but when we got back to the slip, we found it lying on the rub rail. I need to get some seizing wire and secure those pins. Other than that, it was a good sail.

Loretta has one Mother's Day wish - that the whole family go sailing. I think I'll do a lot of photography, and not so much work. I couldn't sleep last night because of my ribs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home